FAQ
Login
Search

Previous ThreadView All ThreadsNext Thread*Show in Threaded Mode

Subjectlowering a 2010 Chev
Reply to this message
Posted byCowgirltruck
Posted on4/4/10 1:59 PM

Ok, I am looking into buying a new 2010 Chev or GMC 2500 HD and they are too tall. I will be hauling a gooseneck horse trailer and don't know if lowering the truck a little will compromise the hauling factor. Do you know of anyone who has done this...

-
SubjectRe: lowering a 2010 Chev new
Reply to this message
Posted byJeff
Posted on4/5/10 09:32 AM

You can lower the back of the 2500HD about 2 inches by using a longer shackle. This will not affect the load capacity. DJM Suspension the longer shackle: http://www.truckshop.com/product.php?productid=17829.

If you want more drop than that, DJM also makes a 3" front 5" rear kit, and a 6" front 8" rear kit.

-
SubjectRe: lowering a 2011GMC new
Reply to this message
Posted byCowgirltruck
Posted on3/31/11 11:49 AM

I have now got a 2011 GMC 2500 HD 6.5 bed crew cab and am getting ready to have it lowered.... need some information on parts, etc.... can you help me? Just want to lower it 2-3 inches so it is reasonable to work with. Will probably need to put in an airbag as well... can you recommend the correct equipment to do this with?

-
SubjectRe: lowering a 2011GMC new
Reply to this message
Posted byJeff
Posted on4/1/11 10:40 AM

I don't know of any lowering kits for the 2011 2500HD yet. GM changed the suspension completely for 2011. The front uses torsion bars so you can get an inch or two by adjusting the stock parts. The back is a different story. The new suspension design puts the shackle up close to the bed. A drop shackle could only give about 1" drop before it hits. A drop would need to be designed around the front spring hanger, but the stock hangers are welded, making for a difficult install. Someone will probably come out with some combination of flip and lift hanger/shackle for the back. Until then, your options are limited. You could have someone fabricate a new front spring hanger. Or you could dearch your stock leaf springs or get a custom spring pack. So it's either going to be expensive, or difficult to undo.

-
Previous ThreadView All ThreadsNext Thread*Show in Threaded Mode

Sportruck.com

Forums powered by Sportruck.com