FAQ
Login
Search

Previous ThreadView All ThreadsNext Thread*Show in Threaded Mode

Subjectpaint ideas....
Reply to this message
Posted bysmashingchuck
Posted on9/24/06 08:50 AM

could some one use my sig to give me some ideas for paint? I've been thinkin of a satin browm with turquise wheels. Also I'd like to add some trim rings to the whels. Go ahead and shave the gas tank door and tail lights, they have since been shavevd... and if you want to add your own rendition of how you think I should paint it, that would be cool too. Oh yeah, make the front bumper crome too.

chuck

1978 short wide - chopped, bagged, shaved. 355 & a muncie 4 speed. 17" smoothie wheels.

-
SubjectRe: paint ideas.... new
Reply to this message
Posted bylikaroc13
Posted on9/26/06 10:22 AM

can't help ya, but i'm sure someone will...that satin brown and turquoise sounds neat tho, & i'm curious to see that...did you paint your current wheels red, or did they come that way?

http://members.cardomain.com/likaroc13

-
Reply to this message
Posted bysmashingchuck
Posted on9/26/06 12:27 PM

I painted them red when I got them they came bare. Right now They are bare steel again I bead blasted them so i could have them painted again. The wheels will be done in gloss this time not satin.

1978 short wide - chopped, bagged, shaved. 355 & a muncie 4 speed. 17" smoothie wheels.

-
Reply to this message
Posted bylikaroc13
Posted on9/26/06 6:36 PM

cool, yeah the gloss will be a nice contrast...my wheels are glossy while the truck is primer...when you looking to try and paint the truck?

http://members.cardomain.com/likaroc13

-
Reply to this message
Posted bysmashingchuck
Posted on9/26/06 7:10 PM

like yesterday. It's in the shop right now as soon as I get the body straight it's getting sprayed. Maybe another month or so... I hope. But I keep finding more stuff to do to it:) The gloss on the wheels does make a nice contrast. I didn't think about it the first time I painted them.

Actually I got the wheels done today... I painted them red :( They look really good.

Maybe I'll try a different color somewhere down the line. I would still like to see what might have beend though... if someone has some time.

-
Reply to this message
Posted by93dak
Posted on9/27/06 06:52 AM

Here's a quickie. I didn't do the trim rings though.

?LAMRON EB YHW
1993 Dodge Dakota Extended Cab
Falling apart. Need's ball joints, bushings, brakes, exhaust, tranny pan gasket, roll pan welded back on, 4-link, new notch....You get the picture. One of these days I'll finish it...or burn it.

-
Previous ThreadView All ThreadsNext Thread*Show in Threaded Mode

Sportruck.com

Forums powered by Sportruck.com